Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Starting Out

I have now started classes. Classes meet less frequently here than in the US so most of my classes meet once for a lecture and then some of them have a tutorial where more active class participation is expected. I am taking Ecology and Indigenous Australian Culture, Discovering Anthropology, Biodiversity of Tropical Australia, and Ecology and Conservation. So far I have been to one of each class except for Ecology and Conservation which I have tomorrow. I can't say that I have particularly enjoyed my classes so far but I think that that is mostly because it takes a little while for a class to really get started. I don't really like the whole introductory thing but that should be over soon and then I can start really delving into these subjects.

Besides that I've been doing small things. Some friends and I went up to Palm Cove and had a barbie. Palm Cove is considered to be the "nice" beach in the area. In other words it's very posh and has a wide array of glitzy buildings lining the beach. One nice thing about Palm Cove is that it has some super big awesome looking paperbark trees. Those I loved.

In other news, I managed to get sick. Yay me! I think I have the flu but I seem to be mostly recovered now so that's good. Hopefully I'm fully recovered by the weekend (which is rapidly approaching) because I would like to do some adventuring which would be considerably less fun if I'm still feeling a bit under the weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment