Sunday, September 4, 2011

when it rain and rains

I have been pretty busy with the whole school thing lately. Assignments are starting to attempt to sneak up on me but I am too clever for them. This weekend I decided that I ought not sit in my room doing homework all day so I packed up my anthropology text book and went to the beach. Just as I got there the clouds that had been looming all week descended en masse onto the beach. It was windy and grey. I also somehow managed to end up with about a pound of sand in my swimsuit which went all over the bathroom floor when I took it off. On Sunday we had planned a barbie so I went to get some supplies at the shopping centre half an hours walk away from where we all live, the Student Lodge. As a friend and I collected the necessary items for barbecuing, it began to rain. It rained on us the entire walk back. It was still kind of raining when we went to barbecue but luckily the public barbecues are under covers. I successfully cooked meat for the first time (it's not like I don't cook, I just never cook meat) and it was pretty tasty. We also grilled some zucchini and portobello mushrooms, so good! We walked around on the beach in the dark and then went back to the lodge where I changed out of ridiculously wet clothes for the second time that day. It was a fairly laid back weekend but still pretty fun. I plan to hike the Pyramid next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment