Thursday, August 18, 2011

Birthday!

This past Tuesday was my twentieth birthday. Despite the fact that I found a cockroach in my bathroom that morning, it was a fantastic day. It was sunny and the sky was blue. My friends took me out to dinner in Cairns. We had a lot of fun eating Thai food (because I missed it) and being generally silly. They even bought me a cake! All in all it was a lot of fun and I'm thankful to have found some awesome friends here.

Other than that I've been doing the school thing and hanging out at various locations. I have now turned in a few assignments, so I suppose that's kind of exciting. I feel like I've pretty much settled into my classes and understand what I'm supposed to be doing in them. I spent a lot of time at the beach last week. I love it. Also, I went into Cairns this past weekend and checked out as many second-hand stores as I could find. Most of them turned out to be more on the antique side of second-hand and were therefore expensive. The last place we went was more what I was looking for and much like a small Goodwill. I bought a  tutu and a tanktop for $11 and was quite pleased with myself. I also bought some dark chocolate tim tams while I was in town. Just for the record, mint dark chocolate tim tams are wonderful, especially with milk. For those of you who don't know what a tim tam is, it's basically two chocolate cookies with a layer of chocolate cream in the middle (kind of like with an oreo) dipped in chocolate.

1 comment: